Sunday, April 8, 2012

Presidential Punchout

I went to Pax East on Friday. It was a three day trip overall, and even though I only got to go for one day it was definitely worth it! I got a ton of swag, met some really awesome people, and played a lot of sweet games. There were a ton of big companies there, but I honestly enjoyed sitting down with the Indie games more. It felt more personal, and I got the impression that the Indie Devs got more joy from seeing people's reactions to their games than the reps for the larger companies.

Speaking of Indie Games, I got to dress up and take a photo for the ipad game, Uncle Slam. Here I am giving my best Boxing Abraham Lincoln Impression.
I love how the photo came out so I had to share of course!

My favorite indie game was Beans Quest. Basically you are a bean who is constantly bouncing and you're trying to bounce your way to the end of the level. It doesn't sound too complicated but there's a lot of slip and slide to your controls so it's actually difficult to control. The retro art style is awesome and really compliments the game play as well. 

Alright back to work! I finished my gold fish rather nicely. It turned out far better than I was expecting so I am very happy with it. It's all procedural with just a little bit of post processing. This is what it looked like when the render finished for the most part.  It's definitely a portfolio piece so now I just need to work on getting it into my portfolio/reel.


I also have been working on the doctor which I am hoping to finish up tomorrow. SO far he's not too bad, but I wish I had had more time to work on him. Of course I did go to Pax, so I lost a good amount of time to that. 
It took me a while to get the blood right. I kept having too much and he was turning out too scarey becuase of it. I want him to be weird, but he's supposed to be a good guy of sorts. At least he wants to be a good guy. I'm hoping to do more texturing-wise but we'll see how much I have time for this week.



No comments:

Post a Comment