Sunday, April 29, 2012

A Good Book

I've been feeling ill on and off all week so I'm going to be keeping this post short. I mostly just want to focus on the updates with my rendering project which I finished. Last week I mentioned that I wanted to find a way to recreate a painterly style with the room, which I did quite a bit of exploration for. However, I decided that due to the amount of time I had I wanted to save that for my final project in rendering and just focus on creating a traditional living room scene for this week.
I still spent quite a bit of time on the assignment though because I wanted to make all of the textures by hand in photoshop. I had a lot of fun with it and I'm very happy with the final outcome.
I think that if there's anything I would want to work on more it with be to make the lamp and picture frames a little dirtier because they stand out as being more "3D" than the rest of the image.  The lighting was done using Sun and Sky and bringing that into the interior scene using a portal light. I then added in Final Gather and Global Illumination to give it that nice soft look and feel.

No comments:

Post a Comment