Saturday, January 21, 2012

R-R-R-Robot!

Sorry I'm late with the update!

I kept trying to wait until I had something cool to show as it has been a rather slow week.

I almost thought I wasn't going to come up with anything, but I ended up revisiting my steam punk robot oracle peice from earlier. For those of you who don't remember or don't know, I was working on this piece over the winter break but kept having trouble with it so I decided to put it down and wait a while before trying to finish it.



I'm still not 100% satisfied with it, but it I'm at a point where I am at least comfortable with it.

My biggest issue was try to get it so the textures weren't competing with each other, and so that they weren't distracting from the overall composition. I wanted certain parts to be shiny, but at times they felt like they were just overwhelmingly shiny.  I also fixed her armpit for the most part, which I know was something that almost everyone I showed it to had an issue with. 

I think my favorite angle is the close up one. I really like how the composition leads up the face as a focal point.


No comments:

Post a Comment