Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Everything All the Time

I wanted to wait until I got the turn table for King done before I made another post, but due to various circumstances I just haven't had a chance to get it done yet. The good news is I'm ahead in my classwork for school at the moment so hopefully now I have some time to work on it. I do have a bunch of new things to share however! I've been kind of all over the place in terms of what I am working on and trying to get done.

First of all I got a preliminary turn-table for the piano done. I need to redo it it though and make it so that's it's entirely loopable.
I also finally got to render out a video of the development process for my playground project that I did last year in my 3D environmental design class. 


Playground Developement Process from Madeleine Rabil on Vimeo.
Something new I'm hopefully going to be working on this year is a painting of an drawing I did about 2 years ago. I've had 2 canvases lying around all year and I finally decided it was time I did something with them. Fine art painting and drawing is something that I really miss when I am at college and I try to make an effort to do as much of it as I can on the side. I've taken a few courses as a part of my major, but they've been more focused on the foundations of fine arts. Don't get me wrong, training in the foundations and core concepts of art is extremely important and practice never hurt anyone. But with the deadlines and all the other school work I have, I never feel like I really get to finish the work I produce for those classes. So I really prefer to work on my own time when I can because I can on a painting for as long as I want and as much as I need to.

Usually I paint something pretty simple and straight forward for my side projects, but I've decided I'm going to paint this drawing instead.

If you're familiar with the work of Alphonse Mucha, then hopefully you see some sort of resemblance to his style. I am somewhat of a die-hard fan of his work and I decided that I wanted to try out the method of cross hatching and shading he uses. I've already re-drawn it on the canvas, and I added in more of a background as well. I put some big curtains behind her and a few pillows and a seat cushion. I haven't gotten to paint anything yet though because I forgot to bring my paint palette to school. I'll be getting one soon though, hopefully.



The last thing I have is a quick drawing I did on the Cintiq tablets we have in the computer lab I work at. Spent a little under 2 hours on it. I worked over hours straight today so I decided it was high time I take a break and just relax. I decided this right when my shift started, so I couldn't go home and work on my painting and ended up just getting on the cintiq instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment