Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Pianos Are Productive!

I have a couple of updates!

1.) The Piano is complete! Hooray!!! I finally got around to finishing the textures, all that's left is to finish rendering out the turn table and composit it together, and re-render the stills. I've pretty much come down to the final push with all the work I wanted to get done over my Holiday break. Unfortunately it looks like things will be spilling over into the school quarter when I get back as rendering has slowed me down quite a bit. I'm not as familiar with rendering as I am with modeling and texturing so I've made a couple of mistakes that have set me back. Anyways, enough about all that!
Here's a look at the finished piano! I just grabbed a few of the images from its turn table for now. I'll put up the real stills when I get to them.



(I'm really happy with the way the peddles turned out. Even at an angle it's hard to tell that the section where they go into the back of the piano is just a flat texture)

2.) I'm still in the process of getting King's Turn Table done. I had the whole thing rendered out when I realize I forgot to adjust the curves in the curve editor so they weren't linear. I'll try to get it up here as soon as I can.

3.) I DO have one turn table to share. I made the same mistake and forever to make the curves linear so it's not perfect, but right now getting my other stuff done is a priority so it'll have to do.


Classical Figure Turntable and Wireframe from Madeleine Rabil on Vimeo.

That's all for now. I wish I could talk some more about the stuff I've been working on but I'm down to the wire and have so much to do! I'll have lots more to share next time hopefully since I've gotten a lot of things at their final stages, I just haven't had a chance to assemble everything yet.

EDIT: I forgot I wanted to thank Skybase for his comment on my earlier post. He pointed out that the piano looked like it was floating, which I was able to fix in time for all my rendering.

No comments:

Post a Comment