Wednesday, November 2, 2011

What-Eh-Vur

Ah the first post! Do I dare disturb the pristinely empty page that is my blog? Absolutely!

First posts are always so exciting. They've always kind of felt like some crazy ribbon cutting ceremony where news papers are all taking a photos of some celebrity about to use over-sized scissors to cut an equally over-sized red bow. It's also somewhat nerve wracking, with everyone crowding around to decided whether or not the new establishment is worthwhile or another waste of space.  There's a lot of expectations to meet and hopes to fulfill.

I have so much I want to say and share, but I think that it might be best to start out with some quick introductions.

Let's start with who am I and what on earth am I doing here?
My name is Madeleine Rabil. I am currently 21. I am a student at Rochester Institute of Technology studying 3D Digital Graphics. Although I mainly spend my time dabbling in computer graphics, I grew up studying traditional 2D mediums which I still enjoy using in my spare time. I have spent the last two summers working as a game tester intern at Bethesda Softworks.

Some things I like:
Guinea pigs- because lets admit it, they are adorable.
Video games- I've been obsessed since my brothers first brought home a Sega Genesis.
Reading- Particularly murder mysteries. If you haven't read Agatha Christie you haven't lived.
Art (all mediums)- as everyone will soon find out.

So what am I doing here?  Well as an artist I am constantly producing work, whether it's experimental, professional, or simply doodling. The thing is, as a full time student there's not a lot of time to go out and share my work with the world. Thankfully, in this day and age we have the internet and I figured it's about time I start taking advantage of it. That being said, my main purpose for this blog will to be to share my work and projects as well as discuss the different techniques I am using and learning.

Now that my introductions are out of the way let's get down to business. I'll start this off with some simple doodles I did earlier this week for fun.

Lately I've been obsessed with My Chemical Romance's most recent CD, Danger Days: The True Lives of The Fabulous Killjoys, and I've been messing with this concept of an army of wreckloose punks charging in at the enemy. I was a little bored, and possibly looking for an excuse to procrastinate on my homework so I thought I'd do a quick sketch in photo shop. Obviously there are a couple of issues with anatomy because I was rushing, but overall for a rough idea I like it. The biggest annoyance I have is the right leg of the guy in the bottom left corner. I have no idea how he is bending it that much, I guess it could be physically possible, but it's a little too extreme for me. If I ever have time to come back to this that's definitely going to  be one of the first things I change.

This one is a little more fun and was the first time I had drawn anything with a ballpoint pen in a long time. It's a self-portrait on me just being silly. Of course since once again it was just for fun, it is far from perfect. I think I spent maybe 30 minutes on it. It's pretty small 4"x 5.5."
 
That's all for now, but before I go I just want to say that I am absolutely open to feed back, suggestions, questions, recommendations, and anything else. I want to encourage everyone to get involved and leave comments. Tell me about yourself! Who are you and what on earth are you doing here?

No comments:

Post a Comment