Monday, October 29, 2012

I'd Like A Sanity Check, Please

It's been a while since my last post. Part of that is because I've been busy with my thesis (which if I have been updating the blog for weekly, so that's a good place to check if I don't post here) and part of that is because I've been so busy with work and school that I don't really have any other stuff to show.

My Self Portrait sculpt hasn't been updated enough to really show. My teacher told me I was the only one who was re-topologized and ready on time and because of that he gave the rest of the class an extra week to catch up. He then asked me to go over UVs in our next class, so I then got further ahead by also doing my UVs a week ahead of the rest of the class so I'd have something to show while going over my process.

I have two things I'm really excited to show, because they are more or less complete (or as complete as some one with not very much time can make things.


I'm the most excited about this piece because I literally just finished it about an hour ago. I basically had the phrase "Sanity Check" in my head as I drew it. I didn't have much of a plan for it, but it was one of those drawings that just kinda flowed onto the page without me really knowing why. If I could do anyhing different I'd definitely redo her torso and limbs. They work well enough, but the body language isn't quite right for the attitude she should have. I'm very pleased with her face and all the crazyness popping out of her head, I don't think I'd change it very much.

This is the first pen drawing I have done in several years. I just kind of sat down and decided I felt like drawing something decent. I spent about an hour and a half on it, just kind of made it up as I went. The proportions aren't right, but I think I'm ok with it considering I didn't really rough anything of it out before hand.

Those are the two main things I wanted to share, however, I did recently discover a drawing I thought I had lost that I'm going to hopefully work on some more and finish. 
I was really upset when I couldn't figure out where the file for this went. Turns out I saved to the default documents folder(not very useful when on a public computer) instead of switching to the desktop like I usually do. She's your typical goth punk girl, doing what else but voodoo, like all good little goth girls do. I really like the style I had going and I'm eager to see how it turns out. Hopefully I can keep it cohesive enough that I don't decide I hate it in the end.

I don't have much else other than that, so until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment